About Elvis.co.ukElvis.co.uk is a website entirely for Elvis Presley fans. Our philosophy is to provide an engaging online community for Elvis fans and to promote Elvis Presley in a manner that advances his public presence and maintains Elvis Presley’s integrity as a leading artist Elvis.co.uk has been around since 1996, when the internet was just a baby.
Over the years we’ve organised and promoted many Elvis events, including:
- Party in the Park: At Pride Park Football Stadium, with special guest Elvis bodyguard Sonny West.
- Elvis Cruise UK: Onboard the Independence of the Seas in her inagural season.
- TCB Elvis Cruises: Several European cruises, with guests that have included Priscilla Presley, Elvis’ girlfriend of Linda Thompson and members of Elvis’ TCB Band.
- VIP Memphis: Specialist tours to Memphis and Bad Nauheim
- Arena Travel: Specialist tours to Bad Nauheim and an Elvis Cruise with Fred Olsen Cruise Lines to Memphis Mansion in Randers.
Editor: Julie Yeardye
Elvis.co.uk is owned and edited by Julie Yeardye. Julie has sold over 100,000 books on Elvis and was the editor of the Official Elvis Fan Club Magazine and Elvis Monthly in the mid-1990s, while OEPFC Todd Slaughter underwent a heart transplant.
Published work includes:
- Elvis Fashion, From Memphis to Las Vegas (Universe USA – with Graceland) Julie was given unprecedented access to the Elvis Presley Estate archives to complete this book, which received the first of many glowing reviews on the front page of the New York Times Style Section and a six-page colour spread in the Independent Magazine in the UK. This book sold out globally.
- Travellers Las Vegas (Thomas Cook Publishing – three editions) Essential travel information for UK visitors, sold in bookstores and Thomas Cook travel shops.
- Don’t Forget Me – The Eddie Cochran Story (Mainstream UK, Billboard USA) Co-written with musician Darrel Higham, our first review appeared as a full page in the Sunday Times magazine and after the book was first released in hardback, it has since been released in paperback in the UK, published by Billboard in the USA.
- The Official Elvis Presley Commemorative Album (Virgin Publishing) Reaching the Top 40 bestsellers list within a few days of launch, this book sold over 77,000 copies.
Written as Julie Mundy
As an expert on Elvis and his wardrobe, Julie has been invited to judge many high-profile Elvis competitions, including Ultimate Elvis heats, the European Championships, the UK Elvis Championships, plus Ultimate Elvis heats and Images of the King – two competitions that select a winner to take part in the world titles in Memphis, these have included Ben Portsmouth who went on to win the Ultimate Elvis world title at Graceland and Pete Storm, who won Images of the King. So she knows her Elvis!
Julie and Trevor are frequently found at an Elvis event somewhere, from the UK to Europe or sometimes at sea!